Saturday, July 26, 2008

Don't Look Like I'll Ever Stop My Wandering


I’ve been traveling since I was a baby. Really! That’s me in my Mom’s arms on a train in Indiana (thanks second cousin Nancy for recently sending this!). We are heading for the East Coast where we will catch a plane to join my Dad, already stationed in Germany. Only a few months old at the time, I would grow to love wandering. My early years were filled with an Army brat’s life of new places, new schools, and new friends every few years. It’s in my blood. I get restless if I don’t get out of the state I live in and don’t particularly like.

Tomorrow I am visiting my sister and her family in Northern California. The following week, we will see the California coast, a first for me. Dearly loving water and mountains, I’m looking forward to that. Art materials are coming along for writing and painting in a vacation book. And, of course, I will take lots of pictures. Travel has inspired my life and, now, my art.

Altered photo of me in Ireland, two years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment